This vegan quinoa crust pizza is super delicious and super filling.
Filled with almost all vitamins and minerals, it is also healthy!
My husband (who is not vegan) and me (who is) both absolutely love this pizza crust and now use it every time we make homemade pizza.
It is such a great alternative to the refined flour crusts you see in most crust recipes and you have nothing to feel guilty about, because you are getting extra vitamins and minerals, as well as extra fiber!
I had always heard quinoa being mentioned as being healthy, but up until about a year ago, I had no idea what it was.
I never had those kinds of foods growing up, so I felt like I was living under a rock when it came to the superfoods that every dietitian seemed to recommend.
Quinoa is considered a whole grain. It cooks and tastes a lot like rice, only each “kernel” is as small as a seed. My husband and I will use this as a rice replacement most of the time, because it tastes so much like it!
I highly recommend to cook it with vegetable broth instead of water, because the flavor is really good.
Quinoa is great for vegans, because it is one of the few plant foods that offers a complete protein, whereas most plant foods only have half the amino acids required.
Not only does it have the complete protein and is a great source of fiber, but also is a great source of antioxidants, B vitamins, and most minerals!
And for those of you who try to avoid gluten, quinoa is also naturally gluten free.
Other Recipes You May Like
- Cranberry Apple Walnut Salad
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Pizza
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
- Keto Chicken and Veggie Pizza
And BTW, if you are wondering what toppings are on the pizza in the picture, that is my Pineapple Salsa recipe!
This Vegan Quinoa Crust Pizza is super quick and easy to make, is healthy, and super filling!
- Mix the flaxseeds with 6 Tbsp of water in a small bowl. Set to the side.
- Preheat oven 425 degrees
- Place parchment paper onto a large baking sheet and set to the side
- Pour 3/4 cup hot water into medium size bowl, mix with salt
- Pour whole wheat flour into bowl with water and salt.
- Coat hands with olive oil and knead the dough
- Add in rest of ingredients, including all spices and quinoa, and flaxseed mixture
- Coat hands with olive oil again and knead dough together again. Its okay if the dough doesn’t form into a perfect ball, as long as it mostly sticks together.
- Spread dough on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Use a spoon or rolling pin to spread the mixture out, as thin as it will go without creating a hole
- Put in oven for about 17-20 minutes. Crust should be mostly firm to touch and a medium brown color (It’s okay for a small amount of softness,
- Put your sauce and favorite toppings on and then put back into oven for about 10 minutes
- Let rest for about 5-10 minutes and enjoy!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 pizza
- Calories: 343
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 120mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: non-dairy pizza crust, dairy free pizza crust, vegan pizza, low sodium pizza crust, egg free pizza crust, quinoa pizza, quinoa recipes, healthy dinner recipes, homemade pizza, quick and easy pizza crust