This soup is perfect.
It’s low sodium, low carb, and delicious. It has so many healthy items in it, your body is getting every major nutrient it needs to work it’s best.
This is one of my favorites. I make it all the time and since there is typically about 5 servings, I will usually make it on Sunday and then I have lunch for almost the entire week!
The flavor is amazing. After I eat it, I literally feel better, no matter what is ailing me. I even feel more alert! With so many vitamins and minerals in one recipe, my body is probably doing a little dance that I am giving it an overload of things that will help it.
I gave the recipe to my mom about 8 months ago. She tried it and said she felt better after eating it too. Did I just find a cure for feeling like crap? I don’t know. Maybe I wouldn’t go that far, but it would be awesome if I did!
I have not succeeded at getting Aaron to eat broccoli yet. I feel I am almost there, because he will eat the rest of the ingredients in this soup, where he wouldn’t before. Hopefully I will succeed soon! Wish me luck!
For right now, unfortunately, he has not tried this recipe because of his anti-broccoli stance. He is definitely missing out.
This recipe has so many health benefits, I think it would be easier if I list them out for you. I am going to skip the chicken, because after reading my Low Carb Taco Chicken recipe, you already know all the health benefits of chicken!
Broccoli – anti-inflammatory, reduces cancer risk, reduces blood sugar levels, reduces heart disease risk, helps healthy digestion, supports health brain function and reduces mental decline, may help slow aging, boosts immune system, helps dental health, promotes health bones and joints, protects skin from sun damage
Cauliflower- helps healthy digestion, aids weight loss, anti-inflammatory, supports metabolism, synthesizes DNA, supports brain health, may help blood pressure and heart disease
Celery- anti-inflammatory, helps digestion, helps maintain blood sugar, has a neutralizing effect on acidic foods
Carrots- regulates cholesterol, improves eye health, maintains blood sugar, improves blood pressure, boosts immune system, aids digestion, improves oral health, helps brain health
Garlic- boosts immune system, lowers blood pressure, improves heart health and cholesterol, may help you live longer, reduces fatigue, reduces toxicity in the body, may improve bone health
Red Onions- anti-inflammatory, helps protect against cancer, improves bone density, helps lower cholesterol
Curry- helps improve brain health, helps fight cancer, relieves pain and inflammation, boosts heart and liver health, helps improve bone health, anti-bacterial
Vitamins and Minerals!
This recipe has every single major vitamin and mineral. Seriously. Good amounts of them too, not just trace amounts.
I know after eating this, my body has so many nutrients to keep it working it’s best that I can’t help but feel happier.
So what does it have the most of?
(% DV based on 2000 calorie diet)
- 184% Vitamin A
- 13% Thiamine (Vitamin B1)
- 17% Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
- 50% Niacin (Vitamin B3)
- 21% Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5)
- 52% Vitamin B6
- 20% Folate (Vitamin B9)
- 98% Vitamin C
- 82% Vitamin K
- 28% Phosphorus
- 14% Magnesium
- 23% Manganese
- 33% Selenium
Look at that Vitamin A number! That means it is loaded with antioxidants!
So How Can Those Vitamins Help Your Body?
Many of the vitamins and minerals in this recipe are antioxidants, so you are getting a great dose of those. The nutrients this recipe has most of will also help with immune function, reproduction, nervous system function, red blood cell formation, bone formation, metabolism, energy, hormone production and regulation, and wound healing!
If I could do a cartwheel, I would be doing one right now. That’s how excited I am about this recipe.
Tools for the Job
Other Nutrient Rich Recipes You May Enjoy
- Low Carb Mango Lime Chili
- Healing Turmeric Cabbage Soup
- Immune Boosting Vegetable Soup
- Vegan Green Bean Casserole
This soup is low carb, low sodium, and high in nearly all vitamins and minerals! Tastes delicious and easy to prep for a low cost lunch throughout the week!
- 1 lb Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (chopped into 4 oz pieces)
- 6 stalks Celery (chopped into about one inch pieces)
- 5 Carrots (chopped into about one inch pieces)
- 1/2 Red Onion (cut into about one inch tall, thin pieces)
- 2 cups Broccoli (floret )
- 2 cups Cauliflower (floret )
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic (Equivalent to 4 cloves)
- 32 oz Low Sodium Organic Chicken Broth
- Dice/Chop all Veggies and Chicken accordingly
- In a separate bowl, combine all seasoning and mix
- In Instant Pot, add ingredients in the following order: Chicken on bottom, then carrots, celery, onions, broccoli, cauliflower, minced garlic, seasoning. Then pour the chicken broth on top of it all (Because some things cook faster than others, you want this order to get everything tasting the same texture)
- Press the button for slow cook on regular heat for 7 hours. (If you are using a regular slow cooker, you may need to adjust the time differently. I used to do low heat for 7 1/2 to 8 hours)
- Once done, use a fork to shred the chicken pieces (this should easily come apart)
- Mix all together until blended
This recipe has a strong curry taste. If you have never had curry before, I recommend to use 1 tsp of curry instead of 2 the first time you make this because it can have an intense flavor if you aren’t used to it.
Broccoli, cauliflower, celery, and carrots should still be fully formed at the end of cooking time, only super soft. Chicken should be at the point where it easily shreds without much effort.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/5
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 6.1g
- Sodium: 275mg
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14.9g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 24.7g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
Keywords: instant pot soup, slow cooker soup, healthy soup, low carb soup, low sodium soup, low calorie soup, low fat soup, nutrient filled soup, turmeric soup, curry soup, low calorie recipe, soup recipe, instant pot recipes