These pumpkin s’mores brownies are vegan friendly, made with healthier ingredients, and are super quick and easy to make!
With fall coming up, I wanted to make a pumpkin recipe, but I also wanted to try to do a slightly healthier twist on s’mores brownies.
I decided to do both and it turned out fantastic.
My husband began eating these each morning for breakfast because he liked them so much.
While I was taking pictures, I couldn’t help nibbling on one. I was so full after eating just one, that I was too full for breakfast or lunch.
And that, my friends, is the power of fiber and protein together. Which this recipe has a really good amount of.
In fact, just one brownie gives you almost half of a daily value of fiber!
Are These Healthy?
These are what I like to call “transition foods”. It means this is not completely 100% the healthiest thing you can consume, but it is probably a lot healthier than the typical desserts that 90% of Americans consume normally (the percentage is a complete guess, but I feel I am probably pretty accurate).
What makes this healthier for you?
The fiber for one. If you have followed me at all before this recipe, you know I am all about fiber. Fiber can help you do ANYTHING. It can improve your health, help you lose weight, reverse illness. It can do anything.
People only talk about it in terms of constipation, but it does way more than that.
Eat fiber. (Fiber supplements don’t count)
And fun side fact: Just one brownie also has small amounts of every single nutrient, with the exception of B-12.
How neat is that?
You May Also Like:
- Vegan Friendly Pumpkin Muffins
- Dark Chocolate Almond Joy Truffles
- Is Lack of Fiber Hurting Your Health?
- 20 Healthier Snack Options for When Cravings Hit You
These vegan friendly pumpkin s’mores brownies are made with healthier ingredients and are super quick and easy to make!
- Preheat oven 325 degrees
- Put all ingredients except marshmallows and chocolate chips in a food processor. Mix until completely smooth. (You can use a mixer, but it takes a lot longer)
- Divide batter in half and pour the first half into a greased 9 x 13 glass baking dish. Spread evenly.
- Layer with Chocolate Chips, spread evenly
- Layer with Marshmallows, spread evenly.
- Pour remaining batter over top and spread carefully and evenly to not move the marshmallows. (Tip: I pour the top layer in 6 different sections and just flatten. It spreads more evenly and doesn’t move the other ingredients)
- Put in oven for 30 minutes, or until you can insert a toothpick or fork and it come out mostly clean.
- Let rest for about 15 minutes.
To make this almost sugar free, you can substitute the marshmallows with sugar free marshmallows.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/12
- Calories: 484
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 65mg
- Fat: 31g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 11g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan friendly, vegan brownies, vegan dessert, vegan smores, dairy free, vegetarian, clean brownies, quick and easy dessert