These Italian Parmesan Steak Fries have an oven baked freshness that lets your body know it’s high quality.
It has the perfect amount of spiciness to add to your meal without going overboard.
And did I mention it has traces of every single major vitamin and mineral in it?
We have a winner!
These fries are awesome. When I made these, I knew I had a winner because my husband nearly devoured the entire pan and asked me to make them again. He cracks me up.
These steak fries are flavorful and have great health benefits and go great with the Best Healthy Turkey Burger (which is also pictured in the image above)!
Hold on! Health benefits? Aren’t potatoes evil because of carbs?
Potatoes fall into the category of a starchy vegetable. Starchy vegetables have a bad rep because they have more carbohydrates than other vegetables. If you eat an overabundance of carbs, and have a non-existent activity level, then you are in danger of gaining weight.
But if you eat a little every day, it is not going to hurt you. In fact, I lost 50lbs and got my health back on track without cutting carbs. All I did for exercise was walk my dog.
With their health benefits, potatoes can be a really good friend to you.
Not the type of friend you want over all day, every day, if you just sit on the couch, but still can be a good friend.
For this recipe, I highly recommend to make this with the Organic gold or red variety of potatoes. I made this particular batch with the gold potatoes.
- Have less carbs than Russet potatoes
- These are high in fiber, which aids weight loss
- Potatoes are high in protein, which helps muscle repair
- Contains a lot of Vitamin C, which is an antioxidant
- High in potassium, which helps lower blood pressure
- Higher in anthocyanins than other potatoes, which is a powerful antioxidant that lowers cholesterol and neutralizes free radicals to help prevent illness and disease
- Has all other health benefits of the gold potato
As you can see, red potatoes have slightly more health benefits than the gold potatoes. But if you can’t find red potatoes, the gold potatoes are almost as good.
Vitamins and Minerals!
Like I said above, this has small amounts of every single vitamin and mineral. The nutrition counts of the potatoes and spices were taken into account.
Here is what it has most of:
(% is based on a DV of a 2000 calorie diet)
- 12% Vitamin B6
- 45% Vitamin C
- 13% Vitamin K
- 11% Phosphorus
- 19% Potassium
How Do Those Help My Body?
It means the nutrients this recipe has most of are fantastic at carbohydrate metabolism (which is very helpful and a little ironic!) more than anything else.
It is also great giving a helping hand to your nervous system and immune system!
Now who doesn’t want that?
Other Italian Style Recipes You May Like
These steak fries are bursting with flavor and are oven baked to crispy perfection.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees
- After washing the potatoes, cut each potato longways into 8ths. I usually chop it in half, then chop each of those pieces in half, etc. If you are using red potatoes (which are smaller), you may only be able to chop in fourths.
- Set aside and mix all Italian Seasoning ingredients and Parmesan Cheese into a gallon size Ziploc bag
- Add potatoes into Ziploc, close seal and shake until coated
- Open bag back up and add Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the bag
- Seal bag and shake until coated
- Use baking non stick spray to coat roasting rack. Place roasting rack on top of a baking pan
- Carefully remove coated fries from Ziploc bag and place on roasting rack one at a time, making sure not to remove the seasoning
- Fries should be next to each other on the rack for even baking
- Place in oven for 42 minutes
- Allow 5 Minutes to cool and enjoy!
- Category: Sides
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 5
- Calories: 164
- Sugar: 1.1g
- Sodium: 51.8mg
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 28.8g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 4.3mg
Keywords: steak fries, steak fry recipe, fry recipe, oven baked fries, seasoned fries, fry seasoning, oven baked steak fries, steak fry calories, oven baked sides, side dishes, crispy steak fries in oven
Please Note: Nutrition information was calculated based on using organic products. Using different brands may alter the nutrition content.