We all love pizza. What we don’t like is the fact it is usually extremely fattening, has lots of artificial ingredients, and can clog your arteries.
Would it be too much to ask to have a pizza that has health benefits and also tastes good?!
Not at all! I did it!
Finding the Perfect Crust
So, I am not going to lie. Aaron and I ate Chicken Bacon Ranch pizza for nearly two weeks straight.
We had the bacon part accomplished. Chicken part was done. Ranch dressing was perfect.
It was the crust that eluded me.
Every time, the crust was either just okay, or slightly better than okay, but it never reached yum status. Until yesterday. I finally got a crust I could be proud of.
It has a slightly crispy texture of a thin crust pizza, but still has some softness. Aaron and I took a bite and looked at each other. We knew we had a winner. Aaron was actually disappointed because it meant he wasn’t going to get pizza every day anymore.
If you want to prep this meal, you can cook the chicken and turkey bacon, and mix the ranch the night before.
That way, all you have to do the next day is the crust and “dress it”. Time saver and cost effective for busy people!
That’s right, I said turkey bacon. Don’t run away. Yes, some brands make terrible turkey bacon and their nutrition facts aren’t very good. We call those the cheap brands. You have to find the right brand and cook it right, and you won’t even miss regular bacon. Regular bacon tends to be overly processed with tons of sodium and has almost no health benefits. By switching to the right turkey bacon, you don’t have as much fat, saturated fat, or sodium, which can help aid in weight loss and is better for your health. Get the uncured organic turkey bacon without nitrates.
Whole Wheat Flour
Whole grains have tons of health benefits. The entire grain is left intact, providing fiber and tons of vitamins that can aid in weight loss and help regulate blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol. Using regular flour does not offer these health benefits because they process the grain and strip the part that provides the health benefits out of it, which can cause the opposite effect of the health benefits that the grain provides.
Celtic Sea Salt
Celtic Sea Salt is unprocessed and not treated chemically. It contains more than 85 minerals that balances out the minerals in your body. It is one of the best salts you can get. If you are going to use salt, use this. It actually helps regulate your blood pressure and does not hurt it like iodized salt can. It can help regulate blood sugar and even be helpful if you have excess mucus when you are sick.
Vitamins and Minerals!
Like the Jalapeno Ranch Chicken, this recipe has EVERY single major vitamin and mineral in it. This one has it in even larger quantities!
Here is what it is loaded with most of:
(% DV Value are based on a 2000 calorie diet)
- 26% Thiamin (Vitamin B1)
- 27% Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
- 43% Niacin (Vitamin B3)
- 43% Vitamin B6
- 62% Phosphorus
- 39% Calcium
- 29% Magnesium
- 25% Zinc
- 124% Manganese
- 90 % Selenium
Look at that Manganese number! That is great for metabolism and cartilage/bone formation!
So How Do Those Nutrients Help You?
The nutrients this recipe has the most of are powerhouses when it comes to nervous system function and energy production.
Who doesn’t need more energy?
The nutrients also helps with growth and development, red blood cell formation, immune function, metabolism, bone formation, hormone regulation, muscle contractions, reproduction and wound healing. To name a few.
I love how the nutrients in this pizza work with your body and not against it!
Other Ranch Recipes
- Metabolism Boosting Jalapeno Ranch Chicken
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Pasta
- Whole Wheat Buffalo Chicken Pizza
This isn’t your normal pizza, you can eat this without guilt! Whole wheat crust, turkey bacon, chicken, and homemade ranch, it tastes great and has ingredients to be proud of.
- 6 oz Organic Chicken
- 1 cup Ranch Dressing (see below for homemade recipe)
- 4 pcs Organic Uncured Turkey Bacon
- 1 cup Warm Water
- 1/4 tsp Celtic Salt
- 1/12 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Mozzarella Cheese
- Trim Chicken and preheat oven 375
- Bake Chicken for 30 minutes (Tip: You can do this part the night before to save time on busy days)
- In a large mixing bowl, add 1 cup of really warm water. Not burning your hands, but not lukewarm either, about 100-105 degrees is perfect. Water temperature will affect how stretchy and easy to work with the dough will be.
- Add Celtic Salt and stir
- Add Yeast and stir. Let sit for one minute. (Sometimes it may clump at the bottom, just make sure to stir it again right before the next step)
- Stir in whole wheat flour. WITH YOUR HANDS, gently stir together, kneading gently as the dough forms until the dough is mixed together and forms one big lump. Do not over mix. Using your hands makes a big difference in texture of crust.
- Set to the side for five minutes to allow dough to expand, while you make the Ranch Dressing.
- Stir all ingredients for Ranch Dressing together in a small mixing bowl and refrigerate.
- Coat hands with about one tbsp of olive oil. Take dough and knead gently a few more times, forming a dough ball. Set aside for 15 more minutes, allowing dough to expand a little, while you complete next steps
- Cook Turkey bacon according to package instructions. Set aside
- Once chicken is cooked, take out of oven.
- Place pizza stone in oven and preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Cut up or shred cooked chicken (whichever you prefer). Set aside
- Dice cooked bacon. Set aside
- Line the counter with parchment paper. Coat hands with other tbsp of olive oil.
- Take dough ball and gently stretch it out on the parchment paper, creating an even thin circle for the crust (You can try using a rolling pin, but it worked better with our hands)
- Once oven is preheated to 450, take out pizza stone and gently flip pizza crust onto pizza stone (it usually takes both me and Aaron to accomplish this task)
- Crust will immediately start baking and that is what we want. Put pizza stone back in oven for 15 minutes.
- Once done, take pizza stone out and layer evenly with 1 cup of ranch dressing, then 1 cup of cheese, then your diced/shredded chicken, then your diced turkey bacon, then another 1/2 cup of cheese
- Put pizza stone back in oven for 8 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes and enjoy!
To make preparation easy, cook chicken, turkey bacon, and mix ranch the night before!
- Prep Time: 35
- Cook Time: 23
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/3 pizza
- Calories: 518
- Sugar: 3.2g
- Sodium: 693mg
- Fat: 19.3g
- Saturated Fat: 8.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11.2g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Protein: 40.8g
- Cholesterol: 107mg
Keywords: chicken bacon ranch pizza, thin crust pizza, whole wheat crust, whole wheat pizza, ranch recipe ideas, pizza recipes, pizza dinner ideas, healthy dinner ideas, whole wheat dinner, ranch dinner ideas