This Cheddar Chicken and Broccoli Casserole is one of those meals that everyone will rave about.
Oven baked, perfect blend of spices, and absolutely loaded with Vitamins and Minerals, you won’t have to worry about whether this is good for you. Because it is!
It has such high amounts of nearly every single vitamin and mineral, plus really great amounts of protein and fiber!
Before I went completely plant based, this had skyrocketed to the top of my favorite meals. Since my husband refuses to eat broccoli, I would make this almost every week and eat it for my lunch each day.
I loved the flavor and the amount of nutrients it gave me, so felt I couldn’t go wrong with this!
So, if you are prone to inflammation, you have probably heard that dairy and meat/poultry may make it worse.
This is true. However, if you are going to eat them anyway, you may as well make sure you get some health value from it!
This is one of the big reasons I recommend making my homemade cheese dip for this recipe. Because, yes, it contains dairy, but the other ingredients we add to it contain so many other nutrient dense ingredients, it will help you instead of hurt you.
Have you ever looked at the ingredients on already made cheese dip in the stores? I have. Yikes. Half of them are chemicals!
We want to help your body, not hurt it. So definitely recommend to make the homemade cheese dip instead of buying the pre-made toxic stuff.
If you aren’t prone to inflammation or lactose intolerant, dairy can be a decent part of your diet and give you many nutrients, as long as you have it in moderation.
Vitamin and Minerals
This Cheddar Chicken and Broccoli Casserole contains the following Daily Value of nutrients per serving:
- 274% Vitamin C
- 85% Phosphorus
- 84% Vitamin K
- 81% Vitamin A
- 76% Calcium
- 76% Selenium
- 70% Vitamin B6
- 66% Niacin ( Vitamin B3)
- 51% Riboflavin
And above 10% DV of everything else! That is a really great amount of nutrients in this one dish.
With all the B Vitamins and antioxidants this contains, you will be able to help repair damaged cells, as well as having no issues with converting your food into energy.
Nutrition is awesome.
Tools to Make Cheddar Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
Similar Healthy Recipes
This Cheddar Chicken and Broccoli Casserole is one of those meals that everyone will rave about. Oven baked, perfect blend of spices, and absolutely loaded with Vitamins and Minerals, you won’t have to worry about whether this is good for you. Because it is! It has such high amounts of nearly every single vitamin and mineral, plus really great amounts of protein and fiber!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook Chicken how you would normally cook it. You can bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes, or place in Instant Pot with about a cup of water or broth and pressure cook for about 10-12 minutes. Once done, cut into one inch pieces.
- Steam Broccoli how you would normally steam it. You can do about 5-8 minutes in a steamer, or you can add broccoli and a half cup of water to a bowl and place in microwave for about 6 minutes.
- While waiting, make homemade cheddar sauce from this recipe
- Cut artichoke hearts into smaller one inch pieces
- Once chicken, broccoli, and cheese sauce are done cooking, place those as well as the rest of the ingredients into a large bowl or dish and mix with a spoon until everything is coated in cheese.
- Pour into a greased square glass baking dish and place into preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Once done, let cool for about 5 minutes and enjoy!
You definitely want to steam the broccoli beforehand. The texture difference is significant.
Chicken must be precooked, otherwise it will not cook all the way.
You may use pre-made cheese dip/ queso to save time. However, the nutritional information will be drastically different.
You can cut the amount of cheese sauce in half, and use it in a different recipe later (or as a dip!). The amount in this is a large amount, and some may not want that much.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven Baked
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4
- Calories: 661
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 757mg
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated Fat: 20g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 54g
- Cholesterol: 162mg
Keywords: chicken dinner, fun chicken ideas, healthy chicken recipes, broccoli recipes, cheddar recipes, homemade queso